I constantly think about what I want to do going forward.
So many options in life.
So many paths to take.
It’s honestly really stressful.
What if I choose the wrong path?
What if I get stuck in a certain direction?
What if I fail?
In these moments, I used to get overwhelmed and let fear take over.
Now, in these moments, I remind myself of what I think I am good at, what I want to do, and what I feel is the right direction.
I love to do the following:
- Make/Listen to music
- Play basketball
- Play golf
- Talk about sports
- Watch sports
- Write books/stories/blogs/anything
- Helping people through emotional strife
Then, I think about how I could insert those things in my life as I go forward:
- Get equipment and software to make music, learn how to use it all going forward and write all creatives I make down on paper to come back to.
- Play basketball and practice to get better.
- Play golf and practice to get better.
- Get equipment for a sports podcast or youtube channel, learn how to use it all going forward and keep all of my ideas down to come back to and create.
- Consistently work on my writing skills, write everything I want to put down going forward and create.
- Be a useful resource to those who need to get through hard times, learn how to counsel those better and how to be there for people in all kinds of scenarios.
- In all of these areas, I want to network as much as I can to get support as I navigate each of these areas.
When I play devil’s advocate for myself, I think about what could go wrong or if I fail.
At first, I scare myself with those possibilities.
However, the most important reminder that I tell myself that I want to stick with me as long as I shall live is this:
- If I am doing what I love and trying my best, it doesn’t matter what happens. Being at peace with myself, knowing that I am where I am supposed to be and putting my best foot forward is all I need. Failure is a part of life, but it is a lot easier to jump back up when what you are chasing is something you know is right. God will help me up and have my back. I know I’ll keep chugging. I always have and I always will.
That’s all that matters to me.
Being at a mental peace and knowing that my foot going forward is where I want to go.
Now, it’s just time to put that foot forward.
I can’t wait.